Who is the personal data controller?
The personal data controller (hereinafter: the Controller) is the Museum of Ceramics in Bolesławiec, ul. Kutuzowa 14, 59-700 Bolesławiec (hereinafter: the Museum)
Sources and methods for data collection
Personal data is collected:
- in connection with the Museum’s statutory activities – to the extent specified by law;
- through the automatic installation of the so-called ‚cookies’ when visiting the Museum’s website.
Purpose and grounds for personal data processing
Personal data is processed:
- pursuant to the provisions of law specifying the tasks of the Museum carried out in the public interest (GDPR – Article 6(1)c i e) – in connection with the Museum’s statutory activities;
- based on the legitimate purpose of the controller (GDPR – Article 6(1)f), in order to:
- as concerns video monitoring – to ensure the security of people and property;
- learn about users’ preferences, detect bots and errors, for statistical and direct marketing purposes;
- in relation to cookies – to match advertisements on the website, including profiling and for analytical purposes.
The consent to the processing of personal data may be withdrawn at any time.
How long will we process personal data?
Users’ personal data collected in cookies and for marketing purposes will be processed until a justified objection is submitted or consent to such processing is withdrawn.
Users’ personal data are passed over to entities providing services to the Controller, including IT, hosting and marketing services providers, whereby the entrusting of data is limited to the extent and purposes specified by the Controller, on the basis of an agreement on the outsourcing of personal data processing.
The data may also be prepared for entities authorised to obtain them on the basis of applicable law.
Rights of data subjects
Users whose personal data are processed by the Controller have the right to:
- withdraw their consent to data processing – at any time, without giving a reason;
- access their personal data;
- obtain specific information on the personal data processing, as well as to obtain a copy of the data;
- request to rectify personal data;
- request to correct or supplement the outdated data;
- request to delete their personal data – the so-called right to be forgotten in a situation where the processing is no longer justified under the law;
- request to limit the personal data processing;
- request to limit the processing only to storage or other data operations until the legitimate reasons no longer apply;
- object the processing – due to the special situation of the data subject or if the data is processed for marketing purposes;
- transfer the personal data;
- obtain a data record in a structured format, to the extent that the data is processed in connection with the concluded contract or consent.
The user also has the right to file a complaint in connection with the personal data processing to the supervisory body, i.e. the President of the Polish Office for Personal Data Protection.
To ensure the security of our employees and customers, the area of the Museum complex and its branches is monitored. Video surveillance data containing personal data is collected based on the legitimate interest of the Controller (ensuring the security of people and property) and, for this purpose, transferred to entities that provide protection of facilities. Surveillance records are stored for up to 30 days.
- Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, saved and stored on users’ end devices (computers, phones, etc.) in connection with the website browsing. Usually, cookies contain the name of the website they come from, their storage time on the end device and a randomly generated unique number used to identify the browser via which the website is accessed.
- We use the following types of cookies:
- SESSION COOKIES: stored temporarily and deleted automatically after closing the website or the web browser;
- PERSISTEN COOKIES: stored in the browser’s memory for a longer period of time. This time depends on the option selected in the browser settings;
- EXTERNAL COOKIES: coming from a website external to the one visited.
- Session cookies are used by us to improve the navigation on our website. We use persistent and external cookies only to generate general and anonymous statistics that help us understand, e.g. through Google Analytics tools, how you use our website.
- We also use Google Analytics to analyze website traffic. As part of this tool, no data is collected that could directly identify a person. We analyze in particular: the time spent on the website, transitions between individual subpages, the source of traffic. Disabling Google Analytics will prevent us from conducting effective analytical activities.
- In many cases, the software used for browsing websites (web browser) allows cookies to be stored on your end device by default. You can change your cookie settings at any time. In particular, these settings can be changed in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies by the web browser or to inform about them each time they are saved on your device.
- Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings. The configuration method differs depending on the web browser used. For example:
- in the Google Chrome browser: from the menu on the right, select „Options”, then „Settings”, then „Advanced” and from „Privacy and security” select „Content settings” and „Cookies”.
- in the Mozilla Firefox browser: select the „Options” item from the menu and specify the privacy level in the „Privacy and security” section or, while on a given page, right-click anywhere on the page and select „Show page information”, then „Permissions” or „Security”.
- in the Opera browser: select „Menu” from the menu, then „Settings”, then „Advanced” and in „Privacy and security” select „Content settings” and „Cookie”.
- The above types of browsers are indicated as examples. Due to the large variety of browsers used by users, there may be differences in the way they are set to prevent the installation of cookies. Usually information on cookies can be found in the „Tools” or „Options” menu. More detailed information in this regard can most often be found on the website of the browser manufacturer.
- Detailed information on managing cookies on a mobile phone or other mobile device can be found in the user manual of a given phone or mobile device.
- Please note that opting out of cookies will only apply to a specific browser. This means that the same actions will have to be taken with any other browser used.
- Please be advised that limitations on the use of certain cookies may affect the functionality of the website.