This is the only preserved building of the monastery complex. According to chroniclers, the Dominicans were brought to Bolesławiec by Prince Henry the Bearded and his wife St Hedwig in 1234. In the turbulent history of the monastery, two events were particularly momentous: the damages caused by the Hussites and the liquidation of the order during the Reformation. The Dominicans returned in 1660 and erected a baroque church and monastery buildings. After the order secularization in 1810, the buildings were partly demolished and partly remodelled for the needs of the Evangelical school. Inside the preserved building, in the staircase, one can see the 18th-century city’s crest.