ul. Teatralna 1
The Bolesławiec theatre was founded in 1857 when the arsenal building was adapted for this purpose. In 1885-1886, it was remodelled under the direction of the municipal architect W. Dörich. The elevations received a representative, neoclassical and neo-Renaissance decoration, largely preserved to this day. The crowning of the façade with a pediment inspired by the ancient art was to emphasize the function of the theatre as a temple of art. In 1913, the stage and space for the orchestra were expanded after the design of another municipal architect, E. Balzer. The theatre was the seat of a professional acting team known throughout Silesia. Today, performances and concerts regularly take place in the modernised facility.