ul. Zgorzelecka 28-29
The mansion of Count Eduard Maximilian Ferdinand Erdmann von Pückler emerged by way of remodelling an earlier-built house in 1857. The three-wing building on a U-shaped plan, with a dominant tower crowned with battlements, received a homogeneous, stylish neo-Gothic form. Next to the mansion, a vast English-style park with a small pond was established, with a bridge and neo-Gothic pavilion. In the 1870s, the mansion became the property of Count Hatzfeld, and later it was purchased by Samuel Woller, the owner of the “Concordia” textile factory. In 1920, it was purchased by the municipality of Bolesławiec and remodelled for the needs of the Youth House (Jugendhaus/Jugendheim). It also housed a reading room and library (Städtische Lesehalle and Volksbibliothek). In 1927–1928 the library and reading room were remodelled after the design of Artur Hennig, a teacher at the State Vocational School of Ceramics in Bolesławiec. In the 1930s, the building housed a sports school, and after another remodelling in 1936, a school for the Reich Labour Service (RAD-Reichsarbeitsdienst) squad commanders was opened there. From 1942, the building also served as a hospital.
After World War II, the mansion belonged to the Municipal Administration of Residential Buildings, Bolesławiec Construction Company, and in 1986–2019 to the District Complex of Special Education Schools and Facilities in Bolesławiec.