ul. B. Kubika 4
The Sisters of St Elizabeth came to Bolesławiec on 14 October 1865. Initially, they lived in a building at Kościelny Square. On 13 October 1906, the foundation stone was laid for the new congregation’s premises at Kubika St. A year later, construction works were completed. In the new building, decorated with modest Art Nouveau and historicizing elements, the sisters run the poorhouse of St Joseph. The western wing housed a chapel. In 1908, the congregation bought house No 12 at Komuny Paryskiej St intended as a home for deacons. In 1964, the communist authorities deprived the nuns of the right to use the building at Kubika St and removed them by force. It was not until the early 1990s that the nuns returned from the building at Kościelna St to their former premises.