ul. Kościelna 1-2
The present building was built in 1828-1829. As early as the Middle Ages, the first school in Bolesławiec existed here – the chronicles mention the date 1392, but most likely it was open even earlier. It taught grammar, rhetoric and dialectic (Trivium) as well as geometry, arithmetic, astronomy and music (Quadrivium). At the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries, several outstanding figures of culture and science attended the school, including the creators of the first Silesian school of poetry – Martin Opitz, Andreas Tscherning, Christoph Colerus and Andreas Scultetus – as well as the Wroclaw bishop Martin Gerstmann, astronomer Christoph Neubarth, well-known graphic designer David Tscherning and lawyer and historian Ephraim Ignaz Naso von Löwenfels. The famous Bolesławiec school was even compared to the home of Apollo – Olimp.