The museum’s collection also includes a set of several hundred exhibits comprising ceramics from factories in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Bohemia, England and France, developed since the 1960s. Many of them come from German centres, from the 18th-century pitchers from Lusatia and Altenburg through the collection of vessels from Höhr-Grenzhausen to items created in the first half of the 20th century at the renowned Villeroy & Boch factory. Several exhibits from other important European centres are also noteworthy: a vase from Sèvres (painted by A. Plantard, 1925), 20th-century vases from Delft and the Austrian “Amphora” as well as objects from the English Wedgwood factory or from the Dutch Gouda.
In addition to pitchers, platters, tureens, bowls, caskets, vases, flower pot cases, plaques and a clock, a small collection of figural sculpture has also been collected. In particular, it includes: “A Girl at a Spring” (designed by Bernhard Bloch, Austria-Hungary, ca 1900), a dog figurine (Alphonse Cytère, Société anonyme des produits céramiques de Rambervillers, France, ca 1906), “Young Woman with a Bull” (Georg Kemper, Munich, Germany, ca 1920), “Christ on the Cross” (Walter Rhaue, Groβ Biesnitz, 1st half of the 20th century) and the “Caritas” figure (Kadyny, ca 1920).
Currently, the strategy for expanding the European ceramics collection is to acquire items from factories that influenced the development of Bolesławiec ceramics. These includes items made by eminent artists who designed ceramics for the Bolesławiec Vocational School of Ceramics and the cooperating ceramics plants as well as items made by the School’s graduates who worked in the ceramic industry almost all over the world.