Implementing an innovative museum education system on both sides of the border, based on modern multimedia and audiovisual technologies, aimed at popularising the cultural heritage of the Silesian-Lusatian borderland. As part of the project, a year-long series of museum and educational activities on the regional history and culture was conducted, targeted at children and youth from Poland and Germany. For this purpose, modern interactive technologies (multimedia kiosks and projectors, games, films and presentations) as well as traditional materials, such as dedicated educational books and brochures, puzzles, blocks, tools and materials used in craft workshops, were used. In addition, the facade of the City History Department at Kutuzowa St was renovated and the area around the building was developed to make a place for spring and summer classes and workshops. The project included also funds for modernisation of the exhibition equipment at the City History Department. Moreover, two scientific and research programmes concerning the history of ceramics were carried out: “The beginnings of artistic ceramics in the Silesian-Lusatian borderland (1500-1650)” and “The influence of the Bolesławiec Vocational School of Ceramics on the development of applied art in Central Europe in the first half of the 20th century”. The results of the research were disseminated via bilingual popular science publications and exhibitions presented at both partners, prepared of own exhibits or objects borrowed from other museum and private collections.
Programme: Poland-Saxony Cross-Border Operational Programme 2007-2013
Project value (PLN): 1,265,960
Own contribution (PLN): 189,894
Implementation period: 2010-2014
Partners: Museum of Ceramics in Bolesławiec, Schlesisches Museum in Görlitz, Germany